The North Dakota Jump$tart Coalition announces the release of their Money Sen$e Video Conte$t winner, Austin Barnhardt, Century High School, Bismarck. The ND Jump$tart Coalition encouraged all North Dakota high school seniors to submit their 1-2 minute Youtube video for a chance to win $1,000 to the college of their choice.
All applicants were to be ND high school senior students who are attending college in the Fall of 2016. Video topics were:
- Money Mistakes Young People Make
- Needs vs Wants, What’s the Difference?
- Why are Budgets Beneficial?
All video entries are were due November 20, 2015. The entries were displayed and voted on December 7 – 18, 2015. The winning entry that received the most votes was by Austin Barnardt. Austin’s video is on www.ndjumpstart.org and he will receive a $1,000 college scholarship.
The North Dakota Jump$tart Coalition is comprised of more than 60 organizations, government agencies, financial institutions, corporations, nonprofits, and individuals. Working together we are able to join forces to improve the personal financial literacy of all North Dakotans. The North Dakota Jump$tart Coalition seeks to improve the personal financial literacy of all North Dakotans. Their goals are to:
- Provide for communication and sharing of ideas among agencies, organizations and individuals who have interest in and concern for financial literacy
- Promote and support financial literacy activities of North Dakota Jump$tart partners
- Establish a firm organizational structure, funding and budget